Username
Password
Register

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
X-Ring vs O-Ring vs Standard Chain
09-27-2012, 08:53 PM
X-Ring vs O-Ring vs Standard Chain
Hey guys, what I want to know is which Chain do you prefer: X-Ring, O-Ring or Standard Chain?

I bought this x-ring chain yesterday for 540 bucks (on special) and will try to see how much longer it lasts than my old O-ring chain. What I do know from experience is that an O-Ring chain lasts much longer than a standard one but still my Dad swears against O-Ring chains and says it robs you of HP. Maybe this was true back when 50cc and Dinosaurs ruled the earth. When I showed him this new X ring chain he said it was another gimmick to charge more but he was impressed by its thickness. What do you guys Think?I really like threads with images... Big Grin

[Image: IMG_0175.jpg]

The X-Ring O-ring:
[Image: IMG_0176.jpg]

Comparison of normal vs the bad ass Gold X-ring chain:
[Image: IMG_0179.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0180.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0221.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0224.jpg]

Looks sweet too,matches shock:
[Image: IMG_0204.jpg]

[Image: IMG_0202.jpg]

[Image: G0451221_zpsad066860.jpg]
Don't Drive Fast...Fly low^^^ Big Grin
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
09-27-2012, 11:37 PM
RE: X-Ring vs O-Ring vs Standard Chain
Damn that's cheep! I just paid 720 for an EK oring chain. I've never used an x-ring so I wouldn't know. And I'm sure you won't even feel a difference in power from oring to standard

Why eatTongue when u can ride a banshee?Big Grin
09-28-2012, 07:25 AM
I have a DID X-ring chain, did not have to re-adjust it after the 1st fitting, so means it's not stretching much. (that or I'm low on power lol) I know I really struggled to get the link plate on while trying to sandwich the fiddly x-rings.

[Image: copy2.jpg]
09-28-2012, 10:24 AM
Not a bad price for X-ring chain
Where did you buy it?

I have mainly used O-ring chains, not sure about X-rings, but yes I understood it does give a longer life

09-28-2012, 10:37 AM
That's a bargain! I'd use the X-ring if it was at that price, looks real meaty compared to the normal one.
Any reason why you using the chain wax instead of an oil?

Ok lovie, first Daddy will have to chisel the dust off, change the tyres, grease the suspension, drain the tank, clean the carbs, wash it, get super fit and only THEN he can show you how to ride his Banshee!

[Image: wear_it_park_it.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
09-28-2012, 03:36 PM
I also have no experiance with the x-ring...but it does look allot tougher than the other 2 thats for sure.
09-28-2012, 06:26 PM
I bought it at a little bike shop in De Ville Bois Drive. I asked for an O-ring chain and they said they had one on special,so I took it. Was pleasantly surprised when I found out it was an X-ring at home. Think they made a mistake.There’s chain wax on because chain came lubed that way. But thinking of buying chain wax because it leaves much less of a mess.Always just been using good old Q-20 but think I should buy the proper stuff from now on for my proper new chain. Dunno,what lubes do u guys use? Oh,I also struggled to get the link plate on, had to use a vice grip to pull it together. Anyway here is a nice chart I found:

[Image: g001.gif]

[Image: G0451221_zpsad066860.jpg]
Don't Drive Fast...Fly low^^^ Big Grin
09-28-2012, 11:17 PM
I use bel-ray chain lube, don't like waxes as the dirt sticks to it and makes a grinding paste which chows your chain.

2011 YZ250F
09-29-2012, 02:39 PM
I'm using motule chain spray.